A virtual PBX solution for an SMB provides an enterprise-level experience for outbound calls and inbound routing. Hosted at the service provider’s datacenter facilities rather than onsite, it functions without the need for an operator giving small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) an alternative to purchasing, installing and maintaining their own system.
When virtual PBX solutions entered the market about 10 years ago it appealed to SMBs primarily for its cost savings over a premises-based phone system. It required little if any upfront capital expenditures or costly software updates to keep current long after purchase, and it offered less-expensive VoIP long distance and international calling plans.
The technology has matured considerably since then, offering not only significant budgetary benefits but many other advantages that enhance communications and drive productivity in today’s competitive business environment.
Easily scale your phone system as your business grows.
Five reasons why virtual PBX can increase productivity for an SMB
- Improved reliability and business continuity: When using a premises-based phone system, telephone service can go down during a disruptive event such as a storm, fire or power outage, impacting communications with customers, vendors and partners, and the bottom line. With virtual PBX, the infrastructure is protected in a hosted environment and enables users to easily transfer or route calls to cell phones or remote offices.
- Enhanced flexibility and scalability: With virtual PBX, companies can instantly add as many extensions as they need to accommodate new employees and business locations. The same expandability applies to features as well. During busy seasons, SMBs can add calling features to increase call-taking efficiency and maximize productivity. Call groups, for example, allow incoming calls to ring on multiple extensions. If necessary, businesses can deactivate extensions as well. Unlike legacy phone systems, with a virtual PBX you only pay for the extensions you need and for as long as you need them.
- Empowered remote workers: Telecommuting has increased 114 percent over the past 10 years and 43 percent of U.S. employees currently work remotely to some degree. Indeed, for many companies, remote work is moving from perk to business strategy in order to accomplish business goals. It helps organizations reduce operating costs, inexpensively expand into new markets and improve worker satisfaction. Moreover, offering remote work options is becoming an essential hiring and retention tool, especially for millennial employees. A virtual phone PBX for an SMB allows for remote workers to be able to set up their offices easily with immediate access to a phone system.
- Increased mobility: Virtual PBX solutions for SMBs provide a feature set that allows employees to log in from anywhere so they can be contacted while on the go, giving customer-facing and revenue-producing employees greater control over their productivity. Virtual PBXs also can easily integrate with other cloud-based solutions and applications including Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), providing mobile employees seamless access to collaboration, CRM and ERP tools, and all the features and functionality they need to work just as efficiently as if they were in the office.
- Lowered overhead: Because the core phone system resides in the cloud and is managed by professionals, SMBs needn’t worry about having experts in-house to troubleshoot issues or manage software updates. It’s all done in the background, ensuring that the system’s software is always current. Additionally, a virtual PBX system and features can be administered and managed easily by anyone in your organization via an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. That means less work for IT personnel, allowing them to stay focused on more important initiatives.
Simply, virtual PBX is a solution that’s both sophisticated and affordable. It presents many options for SMBs and is still a robust and reliable business phone system that’s easy to deploy and administer, requires no maintenance, allows people to work when and where they want, and automatically updates to deliver the latest innovations in PBX functionality and features. With all these advantages, is it any surprise that virtual PBX deployments grew 450 percent from 2010 to 2017?
Broadvoice can help your company with an award-winning virtual PBX solution that delivers enterprise-class features to SMBs. Contact us today for a free demo and we’ll show you how you can instantly access powerful features, scalability and redundancy.
Interested in a Virtual PBX Solution?
Enter your info below to have one of our business specialists contact you.
Allow your team to remotely access your phone system no matter their location.
High reliability and control to route calls no matter the circumstance.
Increased mobility with computer, IOS and Android applications.
Save money and reduce overhead and management costs associated with a traditional PBX.