As part of our Service Delivery team, the purpose of the VoIP Network Engineer is to support the department by assisting the Service Delivery Manager and Supervisor in supporting the management of day to day operations of our Service Delivery Team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service and focused on championing a service-driven culture with a goal of increasing customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide continuing instruction and leadership, specifically guiding team members in problem solving techniques, practices and procedures
- Act as a subject matter expert, ensuring a streamlined implementation process for customers by providing cutover support, verifying service, testing system configuration, and identifying, correcting, or escalating issues
- Plan and troubleshoot customer voice and data networks
- Interface with Business Solutions Team Leaders to resolve customer escalations
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery Manager and Supervisor to streamline provisioning and implementation processes including processes to document, track, and provide status updates on all tickets, projects and customer communications
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams regarding features and functionality, communicating product enhancements, bug fixes and modifications
- Review operational metrics and processes to make recommendations and changes to improve efficiency within the organization
- Continue to build a knowledge base of related products and technical expertise
- Interview candidates for Service Delivery positions
- Perform job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associates Degree and/or Military training in electronics, networking and telecommunications
- 3+ years of experience in Telecom trouble isolation and resolution
- Advanced knowledge of Voice and Data circuits: ISDN, POTS, PSTN, DS1/T1, PRI, T3/DS3
- Advanced knowledge of PBX and IVR routing schemes, capabilities and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of SIP
- Ability to trace and debug SIP protocol
- Advanced knowledge of customer support call flows and network architectures
- Advanced knowledge in Telecom operations support (Carrier Ops, Call Processing, and Network Management)
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including TCP/IP, FTP, DNS Firewalls, security tools, and browser-based applications
- Industry network certification – such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, NET+, etc.
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies – such as RADIUS, LWAPP, Cisco ACS, Wireless security and encryption (802.11i, WPA/WPA2, 802.1x), etc.
- Ability to diagnose and repair server errors, infrastructure issues and network connectivity problems
- Previous Telecom operations support experience in maintenance and implementation
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and passion to build team culture
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands or fingers, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Broadvoice is an equal opportunity employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.