As part of the Customer Success team, Retention Team Member has two primary deliverables. The first is to retain existing customers and revenue. You will be given various tools and resources that will allow you to save or maintain customers. The second is to proactively eliminate termination requests through Code Orange and Code Red tickets. When customers are frustrated with Broadvoice then any team member can call a Code Orange.
The retention team will manage all of these requests and do whatever it takes to work with our teams to resolve customer issues and get them back to green (happy status). Retention Team Members will process all Code Orange and Red tickets for all clients with the exception of Premier clients.
Our ideal candidate will be able to work with escalated accounts and help them find resolution to their problems while building a relationship of trust that drives retention. Interpersonal and phenomenal organizational skills are required.
The position is regional with occasional travel, and hours are based on your assignment to the East Coast or West Coast teams. There are two opportunities to join our Retention team – one opening to join the East Coast team based in our Sandy office and another opening to join the West Coast team based in our Northridge office. This position has a 1% monthly bonus that is determined based upon personal performance and then combined team performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive retention of accounts through consistent 5-star service
- Manage Code Orange and Core Red tickets
- Submit MACs for Retention Accounts
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the status of account service requests
- Update internal resources and proper documentation
- Manage inbound calls
- Manage overflow for the Customer Success team
- Utilize and manage multi-media channels including Incoming Calls, Emails, Service Orders and Live Chat\
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Previous telecom experience preferred
- Effective relationship building with the ability to build relationships that demand loyalty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, critical thinking and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, passion and a strong service orientation in delivering a whatever it takes mentality to our customers
- A happy, friendly fixer with a smile and professional attitude
- The ability to deescalate our clients’ agents and to follow through on requests
- The ability to listen, deescalate and deliver solutions to our clients that are looking to terminate services or have experienced poor service
- Exceptional task and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and meet timelines and guidelines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to efficiently manage multiple media streams including phone, email, live chat and service tickets
- The ability to work hand in hand with each team to quickly resolve the customer’s issues
- Extensive knowledge of our products and services as well as 2-5 years of telecom experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands or fingers, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Broadvoice is an equal opportunity employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.