The Lead Collections Specialist will perform a variety of collection related activities including collection calls and or correspondence in a fast pace performance-oriented department. Responsibilities include providing customer service regarding collections issues, process customer refunds, process, and review account adjustments, help resolve client discrepancies, post customer payments, and work with third-party collections groups for post-termination placement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers collections data for data reporting to management.
- Prepare, analyze and present metrics/updates monthly and quarterly to Mgmt.
- Assist with the design and implementation of collections strategies and workflows.
- Responsibility for the research and resolution of escalated delinquent customers, including write-off or turn over to a collection agency.
- Special analysis and preparation as required.
- In coordination with supervisor, develops proper collection methods/strategies.
- Provides on the job training to employees.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work-Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize organize and accomplish work.
- Able to drive workload, mentor and assist in the training of team members.
- Able to support supervisor during absences.
- Able to thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, prefer managing multiple priorities within a high-energy, collaborative, fast-moving environment.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including all applications in Microsoft Office, must be able to create pivot tables in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of high-volume Commercial Collections experience.
- Business to Business Collections experience.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands or fingers, and sit. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Broadvoice is an equal opportunity employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. We do not provide work visa sponsorship for this position.