The Customer Service Representative is responsible for interfacing with customers in phone and e-mail interactions. The Customer Service Representative develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Location: Northridge, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide an amazing experience by portraying a positive company image and engaging in professional and friendly
- Maintain a high proficiency with company products and services
- Correspond with third-party providers to obtain payments
- Communicates and explains account information to the customer with focus on first call resolution.
- Corrects discrepancies on customers’ billing statements and researches customer billing situations as necessary.
- Process payment information and attempts to collect delinquent account balances.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with the general public (customers) a plus; prior call center experience preferred
- Ability to accurately serve as a cashier, including processing credit cards, making changes, and other basic math skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from management and supervisors
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.