Title: Channel Marketing Manager
Percentage of Travel: 15-25%
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Are you passionate about creating meaningful connections? Well, we are, too. In fact, we are committed to finding new ways to help people connect with what’s important to them. It starts with the connections we create with each other. Those relationships fuel the innovative tools we build for our partners and customers.
Broadvoice is looking for an experienced Channel Marketing Manager to join our growing team. In this dynamic role, you’ll showcase your creativity, versatility and channel marketing expertise to oversee marketing strategies and event execution for our Master Agent relationships, Channel Partners and subagents to drive demand generation and growth for Broadvoice. If you have telecommunications experience and strong relationship-building skills, we want to talk to you!
- Develop quarterly marketing strategies and plans with Master Agents and Sub Agents to support Broadvoice business goals
- Assist partners with the execution of Broadvoice marketing campaigns and program as needed with the goal of making partners self-sufficient in executing a marketing strategy
- Leverage all best practices/tools – examples: lead generation, webinars, events etc.
- Act as the Marketing “Subject Matter Expert” while coordinating efforts with partners, Corporate Marketing, Channel Sales, and other Broadvoice corporate teams
- Provide tracking, measurement and reporting on the metrics of the channel marketing programs and campaigns
- Develop annual marketing calendar and quarterly review process and dashboards for assigned partners
- Leverage existing CRM/marketing automation tools to execute campaigns that meet and exceed demand generation goals
- Lead execution for channel events and coordinate Broadvoice resources as needed
- Drive attendance in executing events such as demand generation, webinars, advisory councils etc.
- Develop post-event lead-generation tracking, communication tools, and partner engagement
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to The Team:
- 5-10 years’ experience with field marketing, channel marketing or channel sales background
- Experience in multiple facets of marketing activities including marketing campaigns, marketing programs, event marketing, etc.
- Project and program management skills with demonstrated examples of end-to-end ownership and delivery of multi-faceted marketing programs delivered with or through channel partners
- Hands-on experience with sales and marketing automation systems like Hubspot and SFDC
- Excellent communications and presentations skills
- Highly motivated individual with a results-driven orientation, capable of multi-tasking within a dynamic organization
- Proven track record of working independently and with sales teams and multiple levels of management
- Experience in managing budgets and reporting, including Microsoft Excel
Broadvoice is a next generation telecommunications company, servicing customers across North America and is driven by its mission of enabling individuals and organizations new and enduring ways to connect with what’s important to them. Broadvoice has been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits packages including paid vacation and holidays, 401k matching, professional reimbursement, medical, dental and vision coverage, plus many other perks.
To learn more about us, visit: www.broadvoice.com
Broadvoice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their job functions. If this position requires travel, you may be required to pass a drug screen. Broadvoice does not sponsor work visas.