The Business Billing Representative is responsible for interfacing with customers in phone and e-mail interactions. They develop and maintain positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an amazing experience by portraying a positive company image and engaging in professional and friendly communications with customers
- Maintaining high proficiency with company products and services
- Actively listening to customer needs and inquiries to determine appropriate service actions
- Performing accurate company-required account documentation
- Efficiently and correctly corresponding with third-party providers to obtain payments
- Informing customers of prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by the customer; printing shipment documents; recording or filing copy of order received
- Communicates and explains account information to the customer with focus on first call resolution. Accurately calculates and communicates taxes, fees, one-time charges, and/or recurring monthly fees. Explains billing cycles, processes, and prorates effectively to ensure that customers understand their statements.
- Corrects discrepancies on customers’ billing statements, and researches customer billing situations as necessary. When appropriate, follows established escalation procedures to expedite prompt resolution.
- Process payment information and attempts to collect delinquent account balances.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Prior experience with the general public (customers) a plus; prior call center experience preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from management and supervisor
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands or fingers, and sit. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Broadvoice is an equal opportunity employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. We do not provide work visa sponsorship for this position.