Title: Accounting Specialist
Percentage of Travel: <15%
Location: Northridge, CA
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Are you passionate about creating meaningful connections? Well, we are, too. In fact, we are committed to finding new ways to help people connect with what’s important to them. It starts with the connections we create with each other. Those relationships fuel the innovative tools we build for our partners and customers.
Broadvoice is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. In this dynamic role, you will have the unique opportunity to support various accounting functions. If you are a team-player with a customer-focus, we want to talk to you!
- Prepare and process daily billing procedures including accounts payable, receivable, payroll and reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Maintain and reconcile vendor accounts
- Verify and process invoices and checks
- Maintain files and accounting documentation using internal software and systems
- Compile accounting data for external auditors and Tax Returns
- Assist in month-end reporting procedures
- Communicate effectively with other offices and business units
- Assist the Controller with special projects
What You Bring to The Team:
- 1-3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with a positive attitude
- Highly coachable with the initiative and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, applications and software systems, including QuickBooks
- Payroll experience
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written, with employees, customers, and/or vendors
- Strong analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
Broadvoice is a next generation telecommunications company, servicing customers across North America and is driven by its mission of enabling individuals and organizations new and enduring ways to connect with what’s important to them. Broadvoice has been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits packages including paid vacation and holidays, 401k matching, professional reimbursement, medical, dental and vision coverage, plus many other perks.
To learn more about us, visit: www.broadvoice.com
Broadvoice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their job functions. If this position requires travel, you may be required to pass a drug screen. Broadvoice does not sponsor work visas.