As part of these instructions include turning off your computer, BroadVoice suggests
bookmarking and printing this page for reference.
NOTE: It is important to completely power down
all equipment, wait the appropriate amount of time, and then power up your equipment
in the proper successive order as indicated below:
- Unplug only the power cable from the back of your Cable/DSL modem.
- If you have a network router, unplug its power cable.
- Unplug the black/round power cable from the back of the Phone Adapter.
- Wait at least 2 minutes or follow the Cable/DSL modems manufacturer's instructions
before powering up any equipment.
- Plug your Cable/DSL modem's power cable back into your device and wait for it to
start up completely before continuing.
- If you have a router, plug the power cable back in and wait for it to start up completely
- Plug in the black/round power cable for the Phone Adapter.
- Wait at least 3 minutes.
- Reboot your computer and check to make sure that you have an Internet connection.
- Pick up the telephone receiver and listen for a dial tone. You should now be able
to make and receive calls using your BroadVoice service.